Friday, October 5, 2012

Settling into Fall

I feel I have to blog every so often.
This pregnancy has made so disinterested in writing though. Maybe because it's nothing new now, maybe because when I have a free moment I want to sleep, maybe because I am just getting lazy, but not matter which reason, I have fallen down on the job.

I am 16 (almost 17) weeks pregnant now. We find out the gender on Halloween, so look out for that update. ;) I used to think I was having a boy, but mainly because I already have a girl. But now, I get the vibe it might be a girl. I still don't really have a clue, but I am leaning slightly more towards pink rather than blue lately.

I very much look forward to Halloween for the above reason, but also because it is my 2nd favorite holiday (after Christmas). I am trying to figure out Lorelai's costume choice. She is too young to care or have an opinion. She doesn't do well with headbands, and only likes to wear hats in 2 min intervals. She will rub off face paint, and will scream at any clothing that is unusual to her (i.e. tutus, tights). So, I need something that is relatively normal in the clothing department and requires few or no extra accessories. I think I have landed on Little Red Riding Hood. I already have a dress she can wear, and it would only need a cape to complete the look (along with a basket). She could also take Phoebe with her as "the big bad wolf." I am a little unsure on the cape, I think she might fuss...but if there are enough distractions, I think she will just think of it as a sweater and carry on. If I can find a cheap cape, I'll go with it.

I am also trying out a Pinterest project this year for decorations. Glow stick eyes in the bushes. I knew my little family could not go through enough toilet paper rolls in time, so I used an old soda can box and cut it up and taped them in cylinder shapes...same difference. Yes, that is Hello Kitty duct tape. I hope it looks cool. I won't really know until Halloween night, since I won't waste glow sticks...they were kind of hard to find cheap.

Changing topics a bit, Phoebe has had some medical issues lately. Eye ulcers. The term alone makes me cringe. She has needed eye drops every 2 hrs for almost a week. Tomorrow evening should mark the end of the treatment. I plan to take her into the vet on Monday to make sure everything has healed. My check book doesn't not want to take her in, but I know it's for her health, and that's important. I had to pay a portion of my own medical bills this week...not a fan. But what can you do? Baby needs to be healthy too! I just pray LEL is not next on the pattern.
By the way, LEL broke from her terrible pickiness and actually most of a hamburger! I know, I know "a hamburger?! That's so unhealthy!" Well, shut it. It is a small miracle that she even tried it, and an even bigger one that she almost finished it. She ate meat. That is huge for her. So judge away, I know I'm in the right. Of course, she is still a long way away from being open-minded about food, but I will take what I can get!

One last side note: This weekend is going to have some seriously cooler weather, and I am so excited. I want soup in a bread bowl. That sounds amazing. :)

I will try to update more often, but you know how that goes...until next time!


M.LEWIS


No comments:

Post a Comment