Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October

October is shaping up to be an eventful month.

Chris was out of town for 3 days, we got our fence replaced, and Halloween costumes have been created already. It might seem a bit early, but we are going on a real vacation soon, so I have other things to fret over, and not much time to be creative when we return.

Lorelai has informed us (for months now) that she wants to be a fairy princess. She has a dress that will work, and fairy wings, and a wand...but she needed a little more pizzazz, you know? So, we bought glitter tulle and elastic and I made her a skirt to slip on over her dress to kick it up a notch. Total cost of Lorelai's costume: $18

Adalaide was a bit harder. She doesn't talk or understand the holiday, so that leaves it up to me pretty much. Addy doesn't like big outfits. Too many ruffles, buttons, ribbons, etc and her tiny frame gets overwhelmed and she becomes "hulk baby." So I decided to make her a ballerina. She has a little tutu that was Lorelai's and a pink onesie. She has a teeny little crown from Disney World earlier this year and pink shoes. All she needed was ribbons up her legs, but nothing she could fuss with. So I took a pair of sock she already had and bought a spool of slender pink ribbon. I tacked on the ribbon in all the right places, and tada...hopefully she will cooperate. Adalaide's costume: $3

Now I have to buy candy, that is the most expensive part of Halloween it seems. There is a cartwheel coupon right now, so if you all use that, get it, and use it while you can!

We also picked out our pumpkins to carve. We go to this cute little pumpkin patch at The Storybook Ranch in Mckinney. You get a free mini pumpkin, a wagon ride, a pony ride, you can go to their petting zoo, their bounce houses, and their corn maze. Pretty cute stuff. Just go early and on a cool day.

Soon we will have all cool days, seeing as we will be in Colorado, and I get to wear coats and boots like one should be able to do in mid October. Even then, it will only be for a short while, but I'll take what I can get!

Another little bit to add to October? 2 more babies! One will be another adorable niece for Chris and myself (and another cousin for our girls!), and the other will be a precious baby girl for my friend, Erin (and another playmate!). I do look forward to hearing of their joyous arrivals!

Hopefully next post will have pictures. That helps with the fun factor on these blogs...I am just too tired to mess with it right now. ;)


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment