Friday, January 16, 2015

The Blanket Ladder Project

I have always loved the idea of a ladder for extra blankets. It is practical, charmingly rustic, and easy to pull in and out depending on the season. I had been shopping around for them a bit online and was shocked on how much they cost.

I loved this one from Pottery Barn:


But it's base price is $179 and it is only available online, which means shipping and handling fees on top of the already bloated price.

I studied it more and decided not only could I make one, but I could alter the dimensions to better fit my needs. So...that's just what I did.

I thought I would need to go buy lumber, but I found 2 old spare fence slats in the garage, along with a random 8' square dowel.

I sanded down on the wood, cut angles to fit snug on the wall, and cut the dowel into 16" long "steps."
Glued and screwed pieces together and applied stain and sealant.


It fits nicely next to my end table and nesting baskets, plus it conceals that ugly outlet from kids, puppies, and my OCD eyes.

No big deal really, AND I got it done in half a day for FREE! Why did I wait so long to get a saw?! I love it, and the ladder is pretty awesome too. ;)

I'm telling you, DIY is the way to go!


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment