Sunday, July 14, 2013

Thankful for Nothing

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a doozy.

Between Chris leaving town, me finishing up the kitchen, Lorelai...being 2, and Adalaide crying for what it felt like days; I am kind of spent.

This rain came on a good day. I feel lazy. I feel lazy after I cleaned out and reorganized the laundry room, but still. I am sitting here in the familyroom watching HGTV by myself. Quietly. No one in my arms, no one in my lap. No one crying, no one shouting. Nothing is pilled up on my kitchen table, no toys blanketing the floor. The plants don't need watering (yay, rain), there is no mail to pick up. Dinner is figured out, grocery shopping is done. I have no more chores and no more errands.

It. Feels. Awesome.
Nothing is going on, nothing is wrong. Nothing.

It's been quite some time that I have experienced this. I'm sure it will fade faster than I could imagine, but for today, I am loving it. I am happily sinking into my chair, sipping my tea (that I don't have share with my 2 year old), and not watching Nick Jr.

Not every day I am so thankful for nothing. Keep snoozing my babes, it's been a long couple of weeks, indeed.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment