Thursday, February 27, 2014

Patio Blueprint

These pictures are similar to the look I want to achieve for our deck. These are inspiration/reference only. Price and availability matter, and will effect the overall outcome. No worries here, I have been down this "decorate for less" road many tomes before. 

We have a open, wood deck (that needs refinishing) with a firepit, a rug, an outdoor loveseat, and an outdoor chair. The above picture bares a general resemblance of the look I want. 

I want an umbrella for some shade, but something simple, with a bold color. I want it to stand out, but not in a bad way.
I saw this, I don't know if I'll go this way, but an umbrella stand side table look is nice and functional...we'll see.

Nice, bold outdoor pillows, that coordinate with the umbrella. I may make some. Any pattern I like, is too expensive, but the cheaper pillows have "eh" patterns. Why spend $$$ on a piece of fabric filled with fluff?

I think lights hanging from the umbrella might be a cute, fun way to light up the porch...plus it's easy and inexpensive.

I ordered a storage bench, and I can't wait for it to get here. Yay pretty, functional storage! It's big enough to fit our small grill and some outdoor balls/toys.

If I can find a solar lantern that doesn't have any glass, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I would like to place one on a side table with some small potted plants. We have strong storms here, things get blown around. Something that won't shatter is a must.

I would also like a bigger potted arrangement like this one. Eclectic, colorful, and little maintenance.  

This is a lemon tree in a pot. I like this idea a lot. I want something larger on the other side of the deck for balance, I want it colorful, and lemons drive away mosquitoes! Lemons can be used in a lot of foods and drinks, and don't rot fast, or attract bunnies for snacking.

I am still thinking about a hanging baskets, or wall-mount baskets, a shallow metal shelf? I think I need to wait and see how much sun reaches the deck after we set up the umbrella. I also don't want things I need to water a ton. Drought season is becoming year-round unfortunately. I'm pretty excited about the final look...I just hope I stay in my budget, and pull it together without too much effort. I know, ha ha, right?


M.LEWIS


No comments:

Post a Comment