Friday, May 15, 2015

Rainy Days and So Many Mondays

We are in a brief relief of all the rain we've had this spring. It picks up again tomorrow. It's been great for the drought, but terrible timing with the building of our house.

We were supposed to hit dry wall in a couple days, but instead, we are still waiting for the foundation to be poured. So, that means, our whole timeline has been delayed, at least a month.

It's been frustrating and stressful. Our original timeline was going to be difficult enough. Finding a buyer who would let us stay until the new house closed (mid-late August) with a signed contract before drywall (mid-late May) was going to be a long-shot. That's a long closing period, and overlapping the start of a new school year.
Now, with new delays and probably future delays, our timeline is just not working. Our new closing date? Who knows.

So, through all the up-in-the-air issues with our current house and our new houses, we have decided to go ahead and list our house, get in sold, get the contingency taken off our new house, and "tough it out" in a apartment for [hopefully just] a few months.

That has been difficult to digest. I know so many families live in apartments, and I sound a bit hyperbolic, but it is a huge change for our family.
Not only will it cost a lot more money to pay movers twice, pay a rent higher than our current mortgage, pay pet deposits, pay for internet setup, setup water and electricity accounts, actually move everyone and everything twice, BUT we would be giving up our 2200sqft house for something half the size. Oh, and finding one that allows huskies is surprisingly difficult.
And there is still a possibility that our planned 3-month lease could go longer if this pesky rain won't quit.

We have been planning this since January, and here we are mid May and we are barely have a foundation. This process has been s l o w. I just keep praying for the rain to move out and on to somewhere that really needs it. Sure, we did need it, but we literally have flood warnings weekly, so we're set for now...and I would really like this gnawing pit in my stomach to leave. We have so much excitement, money, hope, and plans tied up in this new house...it's just so irritating it doesn't exist yet.

I keep praying that this process gets easier, that the plans get rolling, that the weather cooperates, and that we will be financially secure at the end of this ordeal.

I love the house we're building, that's why it's so hard to wait so long. I know by the end of the year we will be in the house (with any luck, for several months by that point) and it will be all worth it. That is the drive for my patience. I remind myself of this, but I struggle a lot.

Funny thing is, we haven't even listed our current house yet. We have been told it will sell fast, and I sure hope that is true. That is a whole different stress.

I don't want my kids to be uprooted and confused, but I know they will be. I feel guilty taking away their home without putting them in a better one. I want this awesome opportunity to actually feel awesome.

So much uncertainty, so much needed patience. I must learn to adapt somehow, and so must my household as a whole. Dogs included. Oh, boy.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment