Thursday, June 4, 2015

The (not so) Calm Before the Storm

Life is about to get crazy.

We are listing our current house for sale on Saturday, accompanied with an immediate open house. That means from 11-2pm we will vacate the house; Chris, myself, the girls, AND the pups. We will travel with our car sick dog all the way to my in laws house to camp out for a few hours.
Please say a little prayer for us and our house. May the right buyer bid on our house, and quickly. The faster we find a buyer, the sooner I can begin to pack up the entire house. Oy. That is an overwhelming task at this point.

Latest news on our new house? There is none. :\ Still no foundation poured. I must say, trying to stay patient about it is getting more and more difficult. I did email the builder asking about the timeline, so hopefully he will have some good news for me later today. I certainly don't want to come across as whiny or naggy, but the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" comes to mind. We'll see if that works in this situation.

In the mean time, I am a list-making machine.
A list for cleaning what and when, a list for future color-coding packing boxes, list for change of address notifiers, a list for chores that need to happen...and when, etc.

Seriously, moving this time is far more complicated and stressful than the last move. I sincerely hope this is our last move. This introverted homebody is not cut out for it.

I will update with some actual news soon. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment