Thursday, October 15, 2015

Master Floor Lamp

I look around and I am loving how the house is shaping up. I want to share, but it is a lot of rooms, and therefore, a lot of pictures. Instead of a whole house tour now, I will simply focus on my latest addition to my new space.

My new master bedroom has a tall, vaulted ceiling. The room feels big without being unnecessarily large...if that makes sense. The old floor lamp I had previously in our room instantly felt shrunken and out of place. I told myself I could get a new lamp if I found one that wasn't too dense, wasn't too short, and wasn't too expensive.

I have to say, I love creating home spaces. I am going to be all nerdy and interior-designery for a minute: I love adding in different textures, colors, materials, and using things in unusual ways. Nothing too crazy, just a bit of interest and creativity...developing an accent (and room) that is unlike anyone else's. Wrought iron, steel, cedar, pine, canvas, paint, glazing, fabric print, and subtle transitions in color. I love forming my home, the place my life happens, the place my family is rooted.

Ok, so back to the lamp. :P


Here is my gem. It's simple, yet quirky. Black metal and neutral canvas. Perfect. It's inexpensive (and I had multiple coupons!) and it doesn't take away from anything in the room, it adds subtle character. I do plan to take a picture of my lamp in my space (at some point), but for now here is the picture I saw and decided to go for it.

If you are interested, here is the link to purchase. Hooray Target!  



M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment