Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Settling Avenida

Well, it's been a little while, but we've been busy. We moved into our house!

It was stressful, loud, hectic, and well worth it. We spent the last 2 weeks unpacking, organizing, situating everything big and small, and with a couple extra purchases (more to come) we are settled in and loving it.

The kids and dogs are loving more space, their own space, and not living out of boxes. This is mainly the kids, but you know...a big backyard goes a long way.

It's amazing how much stuff we have...and it's amazing how we had it in a much smaller house. I don't know how to keep from collecting too much, but it is definitely a goal of ours.

I am happy to report no major issues with the house. We had a ac pipe drip (just condensation), a plug above the front door not finished (it's finished now), and we still have a leaky faucet...but none of these are big issues. Seeing as we have been homeowners for several years now, these things are completely manageable. I feel like some people in the neighborhood are less forgiving...but I'm not focusing on others' problems. We love our home, and that's all that matters.

Hard to believe we're almost half way through October...but to be honest, this year has been a blur. I refer to it as our lost year, mainly because of the prepping and selling of our first house, then moving first to the apartment, then finishing the new house, then moving again into our second house. People look at me funny when I say "I never want to move again" but I think they are the ones that are crazy. I am not a good mover. I grew up in 2 houses in my life. The first house from ages 1-4, and then the house my family still lives in from ages 4-23. My parents don't plan to move, so I can plan the same, right? ;) Lorelai is 4 now, it seems fitting. I plan to get things polished and post pictures later...hopefully when things finally cool off. 95 in mid October is not ok. :(

Halloween is approaching quickly. Addy had trouble settling on one costume, so I choose for her. Adalaide will be Tinkerbell...a perfect fit if you ask me. She bounced around a witch for awhile, but never wanted to wear the witch costume. She found an old bee costume at Grandma's...but it's too big. I figured Tinkerbell is a good fit of wings, wand, tulle, and sparkles. I am making it, so I can tailor it to her tiny body better. ;)
Lorelai is going to be a Fairy Pirate Princess...it was once a Fairy Robot Pirate Princess, but she has since dropped the robot factor. She'll have mainly fairy princess elements, but with a pirate hat and an eye patch...it shall be interesting. I'm just telling people she is dressed up as her imagination. :P

More to come later, farewell from Avenida Ln! :D


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment