Thursday, March 24, 2011

Home Sweet ...Homeless

Well, Chris and I have been house hunting for several months now. We have a smaller budget, but not terrible; we have a specific location we like, but it is understandable; and we have high standards, but they are not unreasonable. All of these things equal up to a few choices to pick from. We did find an incredible offer thanks to our real estate agent and due to circumstances beyond our control that "perfect house" is now unattainable. *sigh*
Now it is back to houses that are 20 years old, pretty far away from where we want to be, questionable neighborhoods, and a less that welcoming feeling. The houses inhabited by bachelors who have WAY to many hunting clothes and a phone installed by the toilet; the houses with unkempt backyards and above-ground pools that eat up the whole lawn; and houses that share a metal mailbox with the entire street.
My only goal I will set for this adventure is to find a place by the time our lease is up in October. I DO NOT want to resign, I DO NOT want to shell out almost 1k each month with no benefit, no gain. We need more space, we need a yard.
I never understood exactly why people said things like "I want to give my child more" until I had one. I want to give Lorelai a home to call hers. I want her to have more than just a crowded cluster of rooms in a building shared by dozens of other people. I want her to have a fireplace that Santa will use to visit her on Christmas eve...all we have now is a paper and cardboard replica. It is fine for the effect, especially since babies don't understand and won't remember...but she is quickly growing up and giving her a house before her first birthday would be amazing.
I am still actively looking and searching along with the assistance of our realtor. I pray a house is still possible within our timeline.

On a little side note: Lorelai only woke up once last night at 4am, she drank a 6oz bottle and went back to sleep until 9:30am! *cheers* Maybe...MAYBE this is a trend? I hope so...between her and my stress levels, I have been losing too much sleep!

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment