Sunday, April 3, 2011

2 Birthdays and 14.5 lbs later...

Time to play a bit of catch up!

Well, LEL turned 4months old on the 30th...which was also my youngest sibling, Caroline's birthday.
Lorelai now weighs 14.5 lbs and is 25in long. She got 2 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Of course, she cried and cried...which I hate, but she settled down a lot faster than last time.

Resting with her angel dolly after the Dr.'s
Later we celebrated Caroline's birthday, she turned 14. That was a nice break from the usual routine. The next day was my older brother, Matt's birthday. He is now 26, and I poked fun at him for being "old."

Caroline's blowing out the candles on the cake my sister, Hannah, and I decorated

Friday night, my father's mother, my "Mimi" passed away. She had been ill for awhile...nothing specific, just old age. She unfortunately suffered from dementia and had not been able to remember who we (the grandchildren) were for about a year now. She lived in Corpus Christi for most of our lives, so we never really got to know her, but she still will be missed. I hope my Dad will find peace with her passing soon. She was so frail, uncomfortable, and unhappy for so long now, I am relieved to know she is free from all of that now.
Mimi, Hannah, Dad, and Aunt Demona about 10+ years ago
I also have made an awesome new purchase...a new phone! I really like so far. It is a white Blackberry Torch and it reminds me of one of my old phones I enjoyed. I feel pretty good about picking this model.

Today Chris and I are going house hunting, and knowing how things went last time, we have decided to shop without LEL. I know she will be fine staying at my Mom's for the afternoon but I am uneasy about leaving her. We have only left her twice thus far. One time when I had to go to the ER for my double mastitis and when we went out to dinner for our 1year anniversary. I will miss my baby girl but she will be happier not sitting in her carseat for hours and not getting in and out of the car half a dozen times.

I am so ready to get a house and get out of here! I just hope it doesn't get in the way of some things I want to be apart of later...mainly my friend, Jen's baby shower! I finally got the yarn to make her a baby blanket, now I just have to make it and get it to her...shower or no shower.

Well, I think that is enough catch-up for now. Hope you all are doing well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment