Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bumps After Pregnancy

*Please excuse the grammar/spelling issues. I am tired. Thanks :)*

This week Addy will turn 2 weeks old, and I have yet to be alone with both my girls. Chris has graciously and selflessly taken the last 8 days off of work to help with the duties of toddler/newborn care and then to help with my recovery from mastitis.

I'm not going to lie, I am a little uneasy with the idea of taking care of LEL and A by myself again. Why? Well, mainly because I want my kids to be happy; and lately, LEL is not happy. I believe it is the combination of having a new member of the family that has a odd feeding schedule of every-two-hours/needs mom & mom's body to eat/cries, if she makes any noise at all/requires to be held all the time; and the sudden disappearance of her normal, happy schedule.

My goal is to try a reinstate her "normal" for her...at least some version of such, as soon as possible. This basically means getting her out of the house for a few hours (maybe now only a couple) every day to see some other faces other than Chris' and mine...this means grandma and Aunt Hannah for the most part. They live 5 minutes down the road, have tons of toys, and are aware (and tolerant) of all her quirks...and lately, her crankiness.
The only thing I need to do this week is 2 appointments on Wednesday morning. One at the pediatrician's office and one at the hospital for A's second PKU test. This means no pain medication so I can safely drive my kiddos and myself around. A few days ago this made me nervous. Now I know I can function just fine without them. Though, to be honest, I never felt handicapped by the meds, if anything, it's more my lack of sleep that will affect my driving skills. Other than that, we will take it one day at a time.

I do take comfort in the fact that even if LEL is having a horrible day, we can stay at home, she can scream her little pretty head off, and I know we won't be bothering anyone. I am so thankful we are out of the apartment with this time around!

Please think happy, content thoughts for my girls, especially Lorelai. I feel for her and her small, upside-down world. All I can do is keep offering her love, attention, and patience. Even through her fussiness and frustration, she still loves Adalaide. She pats her on the head, lovingly calls her baby-sister, and always wants her to have a paci available. These two will do just fine, I know this; in spite of all the bumps in the road lately, I know this. :)


M.LEWIS 
 

1 comment:

  1. The first few weeks are by far the hardest, so it will get better! And you have the right attitude, which helps.

    Jimmy did not like John when he first came home. Wouldn't look at him, wouldn't love on him. He didn't hurt him, but tried to totally ignore him. If I left the house without him or was out of his sight for more than a few minutes, there was total meltdown. Today, however, we are quite happy!

    ReplyDelete