Friday, July 31, 2015

Avenida Exterior Update

A couple minor hiccups in the Avenida progress. Our original stone is no longer available in the quarries right now. So we had to pick out new stone. We found one very similar, but with more variation and more uniformity. I think I actually like it better. It's just a bit of a delay on the front exterior. This stone will also be on our fireplace, along with a flag stone cap on the hearth. I am really excited for that progress.
New pick of stone, Granbury Chateau

An example of light flagstone for the hearth cap
The drywall is up. I haven't gone inside yet to see it, but I am dying to!

I confirmed the kitchen hardware and their placement with our builder yesterday. (So pretty.) And I signed off on our landscaping design with our landscaper. We were able to have the trees that we want, where we want them, along with a collection of bushes, shrubs, ground cover, and ornamental trees that we picked out. Best part, it didn't cost us anything,


The two pieces of hardware I picked for the kitchen
Our approved landscape design

Our closing date is a bit fluid at the moment, we will probably add on one more month to our apartment lease just to make sure we aren't in a serious jam later. A week difference between closing and move out is a bit too close to make me feel comfortable. It's another month's premium rent, but I don't think there is a feasible plan B, so we will just have to go with it.

Hopefully I will have new interior pictures soon!


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment