Monday, July 6, 2015

Kingsmill Days Numbered

This very well might be my last entry from the Kingsmill territory.

We close on Thursday, but have possession until Sunday evening. The movers come Friday and hopefully we will get at least 90% of our things moved then. We still have all of Saturday and most of Sunday to move any lingering items. Of course there is still the need to clean up the things I can't right now, i.e. vacuum under beds, peel glow-in-the-dark star stickers off the ceiling, and touch up paint.

I feel pretty on top of things right now...but it is only Monday. I have already packed most of our things. I am waiting for Wednesday evening to pack most things...mainly kitchen things. I will even unplug the refrigerator/freezer then and allow it to defrost in time for the movers to arrive bright and early Friday morning.

I have to remember to deconstruct the back deck. That I keep forgetting. It's amazing how many more things we have gained in 4 years.

We do have an attached 2 car garage with our apartment, so the goal is to use it as a storage unit and keep all of our things in one location. But that does mean that we have to squeeze in a refrigerator/freezer; and washer and dryer; a huge, heavy dinning room table; an extra couch; a lawnmower; Lorelai's queen bed, dresser, and nightstand; and many more large items, and tons of boxes.

I do hope between the apartment space and garage we can make it all work.

I have scheduled water to be shut off, but we will need to set up shut off for electricity/gas, TV, and internet...not to mention setting up all those things at the apartment. Though, we are going to try to just watch Netflix and other online tv options so we can avoid the whole cable thing again.

I have set up a forwarding address with the USPS and plan to switch most paper bills to emails to avoid any extra shuffling. I will also have to change our address with insurance companies (health, car, renters), the bank, credit cards, etc. I will wait and plan to change our driver's license info once in the house...WHICH I am told could be mid September. I am mentally planning for later so I don't get disappointed when things take longer than they think. Construction tends to do that. ;)

Avenida is moving along nicely though. We should be drywalled shortly. We have our plumbing and electrical inspections to go through, we have our floor plug installed, our kitchen island pipes and wires set up, we have can lighting in place, arches marked out, and almost all the windows installed.

Once drywalled, we should hit a good pace of progress. I pray for speedy, but quality work to be done so we can get in as soon as possible.

Back to my boxes and newspaper. Packing onward.



M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment