Thursday, December 15, 2016

Candlestick Table

A type of post I haven't done in awhile is my "how you get the look for less" posts...and I love those.

My latest purchase (before we were hit by the strep monster):



If look beyond my nativity scene, you will see tall, wrought iron taper candlesticks. 3 different sizes ranging from around 24" down to around 18". Bought at Hobby Lobby at 50% off. Purchase price: $10/$8.50/$7. Total (including tax) : $55

I found these Pottery Barn candle sticks (out of stock) for far more:



Large one alone $50, smaller $35...before tax. If I got 3 of each size, to get the same tablescape look, the total would be (including tax): $276

That blows my mind.
I love Pottery Barn and will happily spend gift cards there, but overall, Hobby Lobby just makes far more sense. Get the look and don't be broke. ;-)

I look forward to playing around with the candlesticks after Christmas and the nativity scene is put away.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment