Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Last Week & The Next 26 Days

Well, let's see here...let me try to recap life since my last post.

Well, I am getting incredibly anxious to move into the house. I am so tired of this apartment! The house is so close I drive by it often and think "How many more days now?" Answer: 26. June 3 cannot come soon enough! With that said, I am not looking forward to actually packing and moving, especially since (knowing Texas) it will be blasted hot by then. I wish I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha Stevens and magically transfer all of our belongings from one place to the other....and paint the walls while I'm at it. ;) I have some decorations in order and others I am still developing...but I love it. ♥

I finished crocheting the blanket. I will post pictures, but later...I don't want the images leaking out to the mom-to-be before I give it to her! I really do love it though, I originally had the idea for one of LEL's blankets...but I just don't have the time to really sit down and work on multiple projects right now. Either way, it is so pretty and I hope my friend likes it!

LEL and her stranger-danger phase are intensifying...not so fun. I feel bad though, family and friends want to hold her and play with her and she does is scream and cry with giant tears. *sigh* Oh well...I really can't help her on this one, she will just have to out-grow it. She also has had some digestive issues recently. Last night around 1am she woke up crying because she couldn't relieve herself in the #2 department. After an hour of crying and squirming we made a little progress and she seemed to sleep ok. Today I made her drink apple juice and water to help loosen things up and she seemed much happier. I was worried about this with her cereal and thicker nighttime formula but she is so close-minded to new things it was hard to get her to drink the juice mixture. I think we are more open to it now. ;) Speaking of the nighttime formula: it did help the first few nights but its magic wore off pretty quickly. I was not surprised really. She is doing slightly better these past several nights, despite the previous issue, and I hope she is starting to slowly make the transition to a more infant routine. I feel I have said this before. ;) ;)

Today was Mother's Day, and it was a pretty nice one. It was really hot and muggy today...which I hated, but I had a lovely time with my little family...which was sweet. Chris bought me special coffee to have this morning, which he gave to me early in the morning when LEL was crying, we also went to lunch, had bubble tea (yay!) and walked around Frisco. Later we had dinner with my mom and family and met at my grandmother's for dessert. (That's when LEL became Miss Bugga again) All in all it was a nice, low-key holiday. I didn't want to make a BIG deal out of it so it was exactly perfect. :D Hope all you moms (and soon-to-be moms) had a great day too!

Ok, well, it is approaching my bedtime...I know, I know...10pm used to be my bedtime when I was 13, but hey, I got a baby now :P So anyway, goodnight to all!

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment