Friday, August 19, 2011

The Summer That Never Ends


I feel like not a lot has happened over here lately, yet I still would like to blog…this creates a wonderful opportunity for me to use my imagination in order to think up new things to write about. Though my brainstorming was a little lackluster, I have still decided to blog a bit…bare with me through the boredom. ;)

This heat is still killing me slowly. I despise summer, and this is the summer that never ends. I keep praying for Fall…but nothing has changed yet. Fall shall bring some new firsts for us and our family. Lorelai will be baptized on the 27th, I am looking forward to that special day. It will be just a small family ceremony at our house, just focusing on the love and support that surrounds Lorelai. She then has her 9 month old appt on the 1st. 9 months! We recently saw sweet baby Ava (1month old daughter of my MOH, Jen) and LEL seems huge next to her! Ava weighs as much now as Lorelai did when she was born! It is crazy how big Lorelai has gotten. She now pulls herself up on everything. It is so cute how she pops up over the coffee table top or the chair ottoman. She smiles her toothless smile and giggles with pride. Seriously, too sweet for words. Speaking of teeth…yeah, you read that right, almost 9 months and NO teeth. Wondering when that will happen. She gets so cranky and irritable now, I know it’s coming, just nothing has cut through yet. More prays on that excursion as well.
The house has remained the same. I did slightly rearrange the familyroom furniture a bit because I packed away the baby swing. I would really like to do the following when our budget permits:
  • ·         Remodel master bath (new floors, faucets, paint walls, paint cabinets, new light fixture, and new mirror set up)
  • ·         New foyer light
  • ·         Get rid of our purple-walled bedroom
  • ·         Make that room a guest room/Lorelai future room
  • ·         Clean carpets
  • ·         Paint outside trim and front door
  • ·         Add some shelves in the kid bathroom and livingroom
  • ·         Paint the halls and foyer
  • ·         Landscape the front and back yard

I think that covers it.

I also am excited for LEL’s first Halloween and Thanksgiving. Then, her first birthday! Still a few months away but I know it will come fast. Sheesh. Just thinking of it makes me a little teary-eyed. I look forward to planning her little party! Little being relative or course. ;)
I have to schedule Phoebe’s appt for her boosters…she will enjoy that. Not. Both my little girlies hate the car. Not so fun for me. Though they both like visiting different places, they just don’t like the journey to get there.
Chris has been working hard…and will most likely be working harder soon. Changes at work will cause some issues for him. But hopefully it will be temporary and I keep in mind we are blessed for him to have a job in this time…and a good job at that. As he was leaving for work this morning, Lorelai was crying at him not to leave. He then explained to her he had to go work so she can “have all the paci’s she wants.” I thought it was cute…and true! We are very appreciative of his hard work and success!

Nap time over, off to love on my Lorelai!

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment