Monday, October 17, 2011

House Update 10/16/11

Nothing too exciting to update on, but we did create a flowerbed in the backyard. It took about 2hrs to complete from start to finish. It was a good lesson on what it involves and what kind of timeline it requires. We marked out the bed and then begun to dug up the unwanted grass. The ground was thick, hard, muddy, and contained pretty large rocks of old concrete. Yay. :(

We then lined it with our black border and filled in the dug-up area with gardening soil. After that, we just dumped in a couple bags of mulch and I then planted some trumpet vine seeds from my mom's vine back home. I look forward to that crazy, sturdy vine growing up and over the fence...it will give me a new view from not only the backyard, but from my kitchen window. :)

It is purposely not to wide, for we are not the most dedicated gardeners and I want fewer plants to tend to, yet still create that full, lush look. Also, we do not have the biggest yard on the block, and I would like to leave as much room as possible for kids to play and puppies to run. Plus, we can always expand later. ;)

This is just one of many we plan to "install" through out our whole yard. 



M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment