Thursday, November 17, 2011

She's Making a List, and Checking it Twice (at least)!

Time for the holidays...and that means: LISTS!

I am a list-maker. Even when I pack for trips, I make lists so I don't forget anything going into the trip or coming home from one. I make lists every time I go to the grocery store or the hardware store. So now, with Lorelai's birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all coming up I have several different lists going on.

Christmas shopping is the main list, and I can happily say I have made a pretty decent dent in it in the past 2 weeks. :) I have to focus on Thanksgiving first though! I am making a delicious jello salad and a yummy cherry pie for my family's get-together. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and I am also excited for Lorelai's last first holiday! I think she will enjoy trying some new foods and seeing the smiling faces. Some family members haven't seen her in months...or at all!

Then comes her birthday! 11/30! I am setting a new rule this year. No Christmas decorating until after her birthday. Christmas music, sure, but no decorations just yet. I want to make sure Lorelai's birthday doesn't get overshadowed. Don't get me wrong, December 1st is oh-my-goodness-break-out-the-tree-and-lights day, but I want Lorelai's birthday decor to take over the house before the holiday fanciness. ;) Plus, it may make for a nice tradition to break out the Christmas boxes while Lorelai is keeping herself busy with new toys. :D

Anyway, back to my lists: I also have a list for things to buy for the house...Christmas decor-wise. I need a front door wreath and outdoor Christmas lights! My dad said I can raid through his boxes of "non-used lights." That should help the $ cost.

I also have to order Christmas cards and gather addresses before I send them out. Hopefully I will not lose the list this time. The move earlier made for massive paper purge. I plan to save them online this year. ;) So be prepared for an email from me...or maybe you will beat me to it.

I hope you all are in good spirits as we transition into the holiday season. I hope the weather stays cool and crisp and the leaves continue to turn and fall to the ground. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

M.LEWIS

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute that you're working to make sure the holidays don't overshadow Lorelai's birthday. My mom has a birthday near Halloween and I know one of the things she hated most growing up was never having her birthday separated from the holiday that was close to it.

    ReplyDelete