Thursday, December 29, 2011

3 Days of Christmas

Well, it's done. Another Christmas come and gone.

I love Christmas so much, I am bummed that the day itself flies by so quickly. This year was a whirlwind of traveling around DFW and seeing all sorts of family. Lorelai did so well considering she needs naps and hates her carseat. Here was our holiday schedule:

Friday 23:
11:00am Party at cousin's house
2:00pm Go home for Lorelai to nap
4:30pm Go to Prosper in-laws for "Santa visit" w/ Chris' family
8:00pm DONE






Saturday 24:
10:00am Go to Prosper in-laws to meet Chris' brother & family
12:30pm Meet Granbury in-laws to exchange gifts and have lunch
2:30pm Go home for Lorelai to nap
4:30pm Go to my Grnadmother's for Christmas Eve Dinner (MY FAVORITE!)
8:00pm Go home, hang up stockings, leaves cookies and coffee for Santa, Lorelai's bedtime
9:00pm Put together Lorelai's Santa gift and set up for morning
10:00pm Find out Chris' mom (Prosper in-laws) has come down with a severe stomach flu
(It's here where we decide, as hard as it has, to skip seeing his family the following day)
11:00pm DONE



Sunday 25:
7:00am Stockings and Santa gifts
8:30am Decide to later drop off presents at Prosper in-laws before his brother and family leave town
9:00am Homemade breakfast
9:30am Presents
12:00pm Lunch
12:30 Drop off presents, exchange and open a few on back porch
3:00pm My mom's for presents, family, and dinner
7:00pm Lorelai has had it since she has had only 45mins of napping
7:30pm DONE




It was tiring just trying to remember it all. Of course, more people came down with the stomach flu; Lorelai, father-in-law, and my sister on Monday; My mom, sister Caroline, me, and Chris on Tuesday; brother Jacob and still sister Caroline on Wednesday. As far as today goes, I have heard nothing about more people getting ill. Hopefully it has runs its evil course...and I do mean evil...that thing was fierce and unforgiving for several, several hours. Anyway, that wraps up our Christmas 2011. We have had more issues and such come up today, but I am trying to relax and not let them stress me out. I just pray 2012 will be a little less hectic!

*More pictures on FB in case you missed them ;)




M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment