Wednesday, December 14, 2011

After All, There's Only 11 More Sleeps Till Christmas


I must say, I appreciate Christmas on an entirely new level now that I have a child. I felt it somewhat last year, but since my baby was 4 weeks old I didn't really spend much time noticing and absorbing my usual holiday festivities.

This year I have a 1 year-old and it is a blast! Sure, she probably won't like looking at Christmas lights too much since it involves sitting in her carseat...but the other things I think she has really loved. She points at the Christmas tree and smiles almost half a dozen times a day; she like tasting the holiday goodies; she enjoys watching the Christmas specials (for the 3 minutes she pay attention to them); she looks adorable in all her holiday outfits...and we haven't even reached the true magic of the season.

This may sound crazy, and I don't want people to misinterpret my words, but I think having a baby has made me love Christmas carols more. I hear verses like "A child sleeping in the night, he will bring us goodness and light" and I do feel differently about them. I put myself in that scenario and it is so touching to me that the whole world felt the joy and promise of this little baby boy. What pride must be felt as a mother, what sense of support and love. I also love the verse "Whom shepards guard and angels sing." It must have been such an honor to have these creatures, heavenly and mortal guard and protect your child. I don't to imply that my baby is the same has Jesus, that it definitely not my intention, I just mean to express my better emotional understanding of the birth of Christ the Lord. I love Christmas Hymns even more now for this reason.

She loves walking with her stroller. She likes taking the TV remote for a walk.

Her manger scene

Giving baby Jesus a kiss

Mother Mary taking care of her baby

Admiring the Christmas tree. We agreed, Lorelai's tree is the prettiest tree ;)
Our tree, 2011
Still counting down the days, Merry Christmas!

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment