Monday, December 19, 2011

All I Want For Christmas Is My Baby's Teeth To Come In

I am not a fan of teething.

Teething turns my cute little baby into an irritable, loud, irrational, inconsolable mess. Not only is it frustrating, but you tend to also feel helpless. Here is this little person that depends on you for everything and you can't make them feel better.
People have highly recommended "teething tablets" but either my child is abnormal or the tablets plays on mind-tricks...in other words, they don't make the slightest difference in the on-going teething saga.
I have heard and tried every suggestion from real-life parents, magazines, and online research...but I think my girly is just destined to be mighty uncomfortable for awhile. I did resort to infant ibuprofen to take the edge off. Go ahead, judge me if you must. I also took her to McDonald's. That's right! I'm one of those "evil" parents that uses medication and partakes in fast food. You know what? It helped...for a little while ;)
I don't mean to complain too much, it has just been an interesting last couple of weeks. Every day is filled with waves of tantrums, screams, and pouts followed by moments of giggles, claps, and smiles. *shrugs*

I am scared of next weekend.

I mean, I of course look forward to Christmas and all its joys, but Lorelai will have to be flexible, mellow, and easy-going from Friday through Sunday without her scheduled naps and down-time...and that scares me. LEL is a schedule baby...by her own doing really. She has never napped too well. She will only nap 2 places: crib and carseat...if the car is moving. She needs about 2 hours of napping during the day in order to keep a "pleasant company" status. Christmas will be a breeze compared to our trip to Colorado in June. LEL sleeping in a hotel? Sitting in a car longer than 10 mins? It's going to be fun.

...Maybe she will be on a "teething break" that week.

Anyway...just had to talk that out. I truly hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season, I know we are (minus what you just read, haha)
Zoning out much, Lorelai? ;)


M.LEWIS  

No comments:

Post a Comment