Monday, June 17, 2013

Dirty Laundry...Room.

While I still have to finish my kitchen makeover before I start another project, I have already been planning and researching online what I want to do with...the laundry room! And you thought I ran out of things to do, didn't you?

Our laundry room is the first place you enter when coming through the garage, and since we come and go through the garage 99.9% of the time, it is essentially, our foyer...so to speak.

Right now it is a dingy white with "touch up" spots from the previous owners who couldn't match the existing color of their lives depended on it. The floor is decent, but the shelving is not pretty. There is wasted space around the washer and dryer, and above the 2 current shelves.  The room becomes a collecting ground for leaves and dirt from the garage, Phoebe's useless dog items, and things I don't know what to do with.
I would love to turn the room into something more versatile, clean, pretty, and organized. The room is small, so I can't do anything drastic, but it is the perfect opportunity to try something a bit more bold in the paint department...not in color, but in pattern.

Here is a few pictures that get me excited:




I am really loving the idea of gray stripes, but I have a feeling that is going to be an interesting application. I figure, even if things go terribly wrong, I can just paint the whole room instead. I am not sure what my options are on wall shelving, but getting a unit to sit between my washer and dryer sounds good and useful. I'll have to wait and see once I am ready to mess with it...Fall maybe? My goal is to finish my kitchen by the end of summer, so when ever I am done with that.
Meanwhile, my updates around the house have consisted of adding hardware to my bathroom cabinets. I also need to order a over-the-toilet shelf for the master and now a new laundry bin for our closet. Darn thing has broken on me for the last time! :P Anyone have a pretty laundry room? Or maybe a good thing to incorporate into the room?

M.LEWIS 

No comments:

Post a Comment