Friday, June 28, 2013

Holding Down the Fort

I feel crummy. I was hoping it was allergies, and maybe it still is...but I feel sick either way. It just sucks because I am holding down the fort over here by myself for a few days while Chris is in Denver.
I miss him, and miss all the fun times they seem to be having; though I would not be partaking in any of it due to a fussy toddler, small baby, and now, my sore throat and stuffy nose. I do wish they would schedule every other get together more "in the area" but I suppose that is neither here, nor there at this point.

Though I have been feeling yucky, I have been able to keep the girls happy about 70% of the time. We have achieved a bath (yes, singular, Addy fell asleep by the time it was her turn and there was no way I was waking her), 2 healthy dinners of LEL-approved food, and most importantly: 90% done in kitchen priming. Of course, I still have the actually painting to do, and the finishing coat...but I am looking on the bright side.

Now I have 2 nights and 1 full day to soldier through until Chris returns; I know Lorelai (and Phoebe) miss him terribly. Ok, ok, I do too, but it kind of breaks my heart a bit when Lorelai asks "Where dad?" several times a day. I know she looks forward to playing with him in the evenings, and she is confused why he doesn't come home for dinner. Every noise outside around 5-6pm she shoots up all excited "Dad home!", and I then have to explain again why he isn't coming home for awhile. Her smile fades and she goes back to what she was doing...still confused. God forbid she will never have to experience this for more than just a weekend or so. At least Chris knows he is loved. ;)

Let's just hope these kiddos don't start feeling under the weather as well.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment