Thursday, August 8, 2013

Minor Upgrades

I touched on this earlier, but I am sprucing up our master bedroom. Nothing crazy, just upgrading some things, reorganizing, slightly new layout...things like that.
You know about the mirror, but the other thing I was oddly jazzed about was getting new lamps for the bedside tables.
My new lamps, plus a flowery accessory...Sorry Chris ;) 

It's kind of stupid how much I love these, but they are so pretty. Plus, I don't knock my hand into a lampshade every time I reach over to the table.
I saw the style at one of favorite places, Pottery Barn:
Pretty, but $$$
One thing...they are $150 a piece there. Ouch. I love Pottery Barn, but I tend to get ideas from them, then find a more affordable alternative elsewhere.

Enter Ikea. $30 a lamp? Much better; and I actually like it more.
I then ordered a storage ottoman from Target, on clearance. I was excited. Half off, $50.
My dvd's are in the ottoman now

I threw on some pillows I had and added a new, adjustable floor lamp (also from Target, $50.) This is situated in the are my dresser used to reside. They are now joined together on the other side of the door.
Ignore the clothes peeking out from the drawers and the dvd sets on top...still have to find them a new spot

I relocated the mirror to the other side of the room to fill up a glaring bare space on the wall.
Yes, we have a nightlight...kids, ya know?

I added more curtain panels and let them hang straight to make the room feel taller.
Don't mind the bumps in the comforter, I didn't want to officially "make the bed" for the picture

Now, this is still our original bedframe. We are planning on getting a new, wood frame that takes up less space and is more my style. And, yes, Ikea is a winner again.
Less huge, more shaker style
Similar look, but it's not a sleigh bed, so we can push it flush against the wall adding an extra 8' to the space.

Then there is the other main wall. I bought some picture ledges for $10 a piece at Ikea (again, yes) and reconfigured the collage.
The arrangement isn't set in stone, but I am fine with it for now

I like my teeny, tiny sitting nook

I like it a lot better. I added some new things, took out the manic-too-many-pictures frames, and went with a classier look...at least to me.

So that's the new look. I still think I want to add hardware to my dressers (that are not my favorite), but I am fine with them for now.
I love being in my room now, that's always a good feeling. Not a huge room, but it feels bigger with these changes.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment