Friday, February 17, 2012

Latest Lewis Lifestyle

It has been awhile since I did a general household update...so here we go.

As far as household updates goes, I haven't done too much, just simple stuff like painting the halls, redoing the pantry and filling my wonky wall. Chris and I's second wedding anniversary was a couple weeks and ago and we decided our gifts to each other would be new faucets for our master bath...and now one for the kids bath. So once those are installed I can post some before and after pics. Spring is just around the corner so I look forward to doing some upgrades outside with liners, plants, and flowers. I also plan to have before and after pics for that...in time. ;)

Lorelai is going through a...well...not-so-great phase. I blame it on upper teeth coming in (2 broke through, 2 more to go) but I fear my day-to-day life if this is not the culprit. She is can become this screaming, crying mess at the drop of a hat. Yesterday she seemed fussy so I showed her an animal cracker, asking her if she was hungry. She screamed, turned away, then ran, crying, running into a chair...making the fit worse...of course. She cries if her socks are twisted funny, if Phoebe goes outside and she doesn't (even when it's raining), she cries when she falls 3 inches onto her booty...seriously, anything and everything will make her act like her cute, tiny world is falling apart at the seams. What makes her happy? Walking around stores, standing out on the deck, and seeing other children. (She has begun stalking them in the aisles of stores.) Other than that she is doing okay, a little picky on her eating, but nothing severe. She mainly wants "big kid" foods, but need more teeth first. She is also going through diapers like no other...I am talking easily 6-8 a day...and since she "loves" diaper changes, she is super excited and cooperative when I need to change them. ;) She is walking full-time, and slowly out-growing her clothes just in time for new short sleeve t's...good timing. She drains me lately but I love my crazy little monkey girl.

On a sad note, I shattered my awesome camera lens. I can't think about it too much...it's so depressing. I still have a closer range one, so that's something. It just costs $$$$ to replace my 24-70mm broken one...and we all know I can't do that for awhile. *sigh*

I am having some good friends over tomorrow. Jen, her little sweetie, Ava, and our mutual friend Maggie! I am excited about it! The 3 of us haven't hung out in forever, and Maggie has yet to meet Ava...Lorelai will LOVE seeing Ava. I hope this breaks her out of her cranky funk. I plan to take some pictures. I am glad Lorelai has so many kids around her age she can play with. :)

That's pretty much the run down of our daily excursions. Cross your fingers that Lorelai's teeth come in soon...she needs some relax time, and mom needs a break! ;)

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment