Tuesday, February 28, 2012

15 Months and Oh-So-Cranky

I find myself lacking in the "spare time" department. Lorelai is 15 months on Thursday and I think it is a transitioning age for her. To be blunt, she is wearing me out. She sleeps "okay" during the night...mainly fussing only from tossing/turning or finding a dropped paci. When she is awake, however, it's a completely different story. Crying, screaming, throwing toys, disinterested in meals, easily frustrated, trouble balancing (?), and generally angry pretty much sum up her over-all mood for the past week...especially the last 2 days.

Usually taking her out of the house helps this fussiness...but no longer. Today's errands were: grab some lunch, go to Old Navy and then Hobby Lobby.

Did. Not. Go. Well.

A new pet peeve of mine? When I am wrestling a crying, shouting, slapping 1 year old, do not ask me how I am doing or if I'm finding everything all right. Obviously you can take one look at us and know we are not having a fun, casual time shopping...so just keep on walking please.

Oy.

I could go into detail, but frankly, why bother? You all can imagine the hourly play-by-play, I'm sure. I did get her a cute, clearance t-shirt; and I got some iron plaques for my empty wall space...so I did accomplish something.
Cell phone quality...oh well. Still, finished set-up here! :)


She is napping now and I am soaking in a few minutes of quiet relaxation, no laundry, no dishes, no chores...and more importantly, no baby crying. Oh my poor babe, I hope this phase pass quickly...for both of our sakes!

Ok. Oscar ballot run-down. Basically, I sucked this year. I did pick nominees I knew probably weren't going to win, but still...I missed a lot!


BEST PICTURE
The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse


Actor in a Leading Role
Demián Bichir - A Better Life
George Clooney - The Descendants
Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Brad Pitt - Moneyball


Actor in a Supporting Role
Kenneth Branagh - My Week with Marilyn
Jonah Hill - Moneyball
Nick Nolte - Warrior
Christopher Plummer - Beginners
Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


Actress in a Leading Role
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
Michelle Williams - My Week with Marilyn


Actress in a Supporting Role
Bérénice Bejo - The Artist
Jessica Chastain - The Help
Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids
Janet McTeer - Albert Nobbs
Octavia Spencer - The Help


Animated Feature Film
A Cat in Paris
Chico & Rita
Kung Fu Pa nda 2
Puss in Boots
Rango


DIRECTING
The Artist - Michel Hazanavicius
The Descendants - Alexander Payne
Hugo - Martin Scorsese
Midnight in Paris - Woody Allen
The Tree of Life - Terrence Malick


The gold font were my votes, the bold are the actually winners. You do the math...seriously, do it, Lorelai is up from her nap already. *sigh*


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment