Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Ballot

Now this ballot is a mix of "what I want to win," "what I think will win," and "what I feel deserves to win." Overall I feel pretty good about my picks. I will update you all later with my % of correct winners. Looking forward to tomorrow night indeed!


*I must say this: I have unfortunately not seen many of these films, but I have seen several. So when it comes to the films I haven't yet seen, I use an "educated guess" system. ;)


What are your picks? Do you agree? Disagree? So much to think about....


BEST PICTURE
The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse


Actor in a Leading Role
Demián Bichir - A Better Life
George Clooney - The Descendants
Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Brad Pitt - Moneyball


Actor in a Supporting Role
Kenneth Branagh - My Week with Marilyn
Jonah Hill - Moneyball
Nick Nolte - Warrior
Christopher Plummer - Beginners
Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


Actress in a Leading Role
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
Michelle Williams - My Week with Marilyn


Actress in a Supporting Role
Bérénice Bejo - The Artist
Jessica Chastain - The Help
Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids
Janet McTeer - Albert Nobbs
Octavia Spencer - The Help


Animated Feature Film
A Cat in Paris
Chico & Rita
Kung Fu Pa nda 2
Puss in Boots
Rango


DIRECTING
The Artist - Michel Hazanavicius
The Descendants - Alexander Payne
Hugo - Martin Scorsese
Midnight in Paris - Woody Allen
The Tree of Life - Terrence Malick






There are many more categories I did not mention, but I have predictions on those as well. I will give you all the complete list of winners after Sunday...if you (at that point) don't already know (or care). Have I ever mentioned I spent 1 weekend years ago making an exact replica of the Oscar statue? Yeah...it's awesome. If I receive feedback, I'll take a picture and share. ;)


Happy Oscar Weekend everyone!


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment