Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life Continues

Lagging on the blog again...life does that.

A few updates to mention:

Lorelai's dermatitis has cleared up with a round of topical hydrocortisone treatment, no trip to the dermatologist needed, yay!
I did have to switch her to hypoallergenic diapers and wipes to help prevent any irritation. That's 2 visits to the pediatrician in a month if anyone is keeping count. I go again at the beginning of June for her 18month well visit, and let's hope after that we don't see the doctor until her 24month check up.


Bathroom remodel is going well...going slowly. I do have pictures, but I think I want to hold off until I am completely done...more dramatic reveal that way. Paint (that I can do) is done, cabinets done, next...floor? I had a plan, but now I am not sure if it's necessary. I need help taking the large mirror off my hands, so I can't go forward in the pace I was hoping just yet. Once summer comes, I think things will move along more quickly.

Mother's Day was pretty nice. Got to see my mom and my grandmother (plus lots more extended family); a good family day. I even got to see my Aunt and cousin from California. I have seen my aunt off and on over the past few years, but it has been almost 10 years since I had seen my cousin, Anna. Luckily, they are just how I remembered them. They did come for a not-so-fun reason. They spread my grandmother's ashes in Texarkana. My "Mimi" died last year, and my dad and 2 aunts, along with Anna, drove down to put her to rest. Unfortunately I could not make the trip due to Lorelai; the line of cars would have been impressive if all my siblings and I tagged along.



Monday was a little crazy. We received Chris' parents' diningroom table. His parents were given his Nana's table since her passing and they needed to find their old table a new home. Chris has always liked their table, so we were the lucky recipients. Now to be honest, it is not quite my style, and I did decorate the livingroom/dinigroom with our old table in mind, so I think it will take some time to get used to the "new look." Either way, it is a nice, expensive table that Chris likes, so I guess it will work just fine. I believe my SIL and brother will be taking our old table this Friday...I'm sure they will take good care of it. Haha. :P
We may be getting a mattress for "the purple room" soon. This means we will be retrieving the bed frame we loaned my parents and hopefully turn the room into a guest room (and eventually Lorelai's "big girl" room...I emphasize eventually). Of course, I made "the purple room" her school room recently, but hey...no biggie, I can undo it and reorganize.

Phoebe is fine, thankfully she has not had any health issues lately. Chris' work schedule has been pretty consistent, and I have been keeping plenty busy... same old, same old.

Not this weekend, but next, we are visiting Chris' Dad and family in Granbury...trial trip for Lorelai, please pray for us, lol. We are not spending the night though, so that should help.

I believe that covers things over here.
I hope everyone had a pleasant Mother's Day and a productive week so far!

Until next time,

M.LEWIS






1 comment: