Monday, May 7, 2012

Lorelai is Never Dull

I had to take Lorelai back to the pediatrician this morning. :(

For over a week now she has had a strange-looking rash in her diaper area. Diaper rash ointment did not clear it up, zinc oxide cream did not, eczema lotion did not help, I even tried ringworm ointment (in sort of looked like any of the previous ailments)...nothing made a difference.
So, I finally caved and took her in.
I am not against taking her in, but the last time I did for her puffy, swollen eye, the associate Dr. told me it was just allergies and it would go down on its own with some Claritin. It did, she was right, but that 2.5min conversation cost me over $70. 
That was about a month ago. I was not jumping at the chance to repeat that pointless, pricey endeavor...but my little girl was not getting better, I had no choice.

My usual pediatrician was looking at her today and was a little stumped by her poor, red, blotchy bottom. He figured it was most likely contact dermatitis  and gave me some sample medication of hydrocortisone to apply topically. He specifically told me that if her rash wasn't "almost cleared up" by Friday morning, to call him back and we would most likely need to see a dermatologist. Poor little sweets.

Just when I think I know of all her little things to look out for, she throws a new one at me. I hope she does not have a lifetime of strange, unpredictable allergies and rashes...that has got to be annoying.

So, from now to Thursday evening (and Friday morning) think healthy thoughts for my baby girl and her...um...well, rashy area ;)

M.LEWIS 

No comments:

Post a Comment