Sunday, December 9, 2012

Making Lists, Checking Them Twice, Marking Them Off :)

Thank goodness for the internet. If I do not buy a Christmas gift over the internet, I research and gather ideas using the internet. I am thankful for this luxury; because of this, I am done Christmas shopping...minus 2 small things. :P I also have most things wrapped since we are having a "staggered" Christmas this year. 
Basically, each weekend in December involves us celebrating/acknowledging Christmas with different family members. Things need to be wrapped to avoid last minute freak-outs. This weekend we sent a batch of gift with my in-laws to Kansas to be shared with Chris' older brother and his family. Merry Christmas guys! We miss you all! Hope you all got everything okay.
Next weekend we will be sharing presents with my in-laws seeing as they are leaving next Sunday for a holiday abroad.
We still need to fit in seeing in Chris' dad and his family, and then there is his cousins' party on the 23rd....and then actual Christmas with my family. I don't mind stretching out the festivities, it makes for one fun month...just busy, and one I have to organize for.

On a side note, I have also successfully switched Lorelai and her things into her new room and put up the couple of things for Adalaide in the nursery.

Basically, I feel accomplished. I like feeling accomplished...I just wish it didn't involve swallowing up the whole weekend.
Now I look forward to a winter-weather week. Goodbye 75° days!

M.LEWIS

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the gifts. We're saving them for later (after we recover ;)).

    I ordered LEL's today, so it will be late. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got them :) And absolutely no worries on LEL's gift...she will have more than enough to keep her occupied ;) We are seeing Jim and Sandy tonight, and then seeing Celeste and John on Friday, the kid will not be lacking in the toy department I have a feeling.

      Delete