Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Everyone has been posting a little something regarding the Sandy Hook shooting. I have not. I wanted to...but, frankly, it makes me too sad.

There have been a lot of these unthinkable events lately and all make me sad, but this one is different. Maybe it's pregnancy hormones amplifying the emotions, maybe because I used to work as a teacher in a preschool, or maybe because I am now haunted by the fact I could lose my child(ren) so easily, beyond my control...but no matter the reason, this tragedy, so close to Christmas, has really touched my heart. I could write about how it makes me feel, how I feel the solution won't have anything to do with gun control laws...but I really don't care to analyze the situation any longer.

I will say this: hug your babies...no matter how old. Be thankful and grateful for every day, every hour with them. Don't fret over shopping lists or bank accounts. Don't stress over wrapping and holiday chores. You have everything you need if you have your family, especially your kids. Pray for those less fortunate, give to those you can, and thank God for every little gift...like your baby's smile.

A week before Christmas, and I already have everything on my wish list. I have Lorelai...and little Adalaide on the way. I have all my life's happiness...and that is more than enough.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment