Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Closing In

Life 4 days from Christmas is pretty quiet...well, sort of.

Today our last package arrived in the mail. It was a personalized gift, and well, somewhere along the line the design became...wonky. It is "ungivable." So, that makes things a little interesting; fortunately the recipient is pretty laid-back and understanding. They won't mind the hiccup and extra time. I still feel bad though.

Phoebe's eye was acting up earlier this week. Normally I rush her to the vet within 24 hrs when she has some sort of symptom, but since she just had eye ulcers less than 3 months ago, I figured it was just another flare up...so I waited. I brought out all her old medications and started back up the crazy eye drop schedule again. As of right now, she seems a lot better...not 100%, but I'd say 90%. Hopefully the next couple days will fix that, and there will be no need for a vet visit, especially to the emergency vet over the Christmas holiday.

I have been busy the last couple of days helping Santa and his elves make Lorelai's gift. I can happily report it is ready to go for Christmas eve. That is a relief...it was...involved, but so worth it.
We have been helping Grandma make Christmas cookies this week, and we still have many more to do. So Christmas movies have been watched, so all in all, we are on schedule. ;)

This week also marks Chris' last full week at his current job. He was recruited for higher position at another company, and he took it. He starts on the 27th. We are very proud of his accomplishments and success...not trying to brag or anything. ;)

On a completely silly note, I am relieved today was trash pickup day. We had quite a pull-up going. The recycling only comes every other week, and last cycle, they didn't pick up ours. I still don't know what happened there. The bin was completely full. we also had about 9 lawn bags full of leaves and dead flowerbed plants. Half were supposed to be picked last week but a neighbor's delivery truck was blocking my house...my entire house...I had to park across the street. So, the truck didn't reach my house at all. Today all those things are taken care of. Yay!

It's the little things. ;)

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment