Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Home Office Class

Recently I have felt the need for a desk area for myself. Later I will definitely need one for homeschooling organization, but more pressing, I just need a place to put bills, file papers temporarily, and to store pens, pencils, and Lorelai's art supplies ..those things need to be moved out of the kitchen. We have a study, but that is pretty much Chris' space, for now. We do plan to reorganize things a bit and make room for homeschooling supplies later, but for now I need just a little corner somewhere. So, I picked out a spot in the livingroom and then started shopping.
I want a desk, but nothing to "office-like." Same with the chair. This will be set up in the front room of my house, not in some room I can close the door to hide the paper piles and scattered colored pencils. Classy, simple, functional, affordable: my keywords while shopping.

I shop online a lot, and luckily I found Target was having a sale. Desk: $100 + free shipping
The chair was harder to find. I wanted a certain look, a accent-type chair, with a subtle pattern...oh, and nothing over a certain dollar amount. After days of searching, I found this chair on walmart.com. It kind of pains me to admit that (hard-core Target girl, here) but the look was right and the price was good. Chair: $129 + $20 shipping
I plan to put a collection of bulletin boards, paper sorters, and a clock above the desk. Something similar to this:
I already have a floor lamp which I love, complete with a damask lamp shade. Similar to this one:

I also hope to put a telephone in that room at some point. My dream phone? The pretty silver one from Pottery Barn.
Throw on a small collection of flowers, a picture frame or two, and I have my ideal little home office set-up. I am looking forward to setting it up. I just thought I would share, blame it on the nesting :P


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment