Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Single-Digits Weeks For Now On

With about 9 weeks to go, I am definitely in "prepare for baby" mode. I, of course, realize this is just a general guideline. Baby Addy could be several days (if not a week) late...but she could also come earlier, though none of us are wishing for that. I think my little trip to the hospital last week kicked my brain into gear. Sitting in L&D with the fetal monitors filling the room with little heartbeats brought back a lot of memories; it also brought this feeling of "okay-I-want-her-out-now." I will wait happily as she keeps cooking, knowing it's absolutely what she needs; but I do look forward to have her in my arms rather than invading every spare inch of my mid-section.

There are some things I need to do before she comes, and I do want to accomplish them before I am 38  37 weeks. Why not give me an extra week in case something comes up? LEL was in fact induced at 39 weeks...you never know. ;)


  • Order a double stroller
  • Buy a new breast pump
  • Buy NB diapers
  • Buy a small supply of formula
  • Reassemble the cradle
  • Pull out baby swing
  • Put up the playyard
  • Find places for all these things
  • CLEAN - mainly master bath
  • Wash carseat inserts (LEL's & Addy's)
  • Stock up on meals I can freeze
  • Oh yeah, BUY A NEW CAR


Some of these things I can push past the 37 week mark, like washing LEL's car seat, and stocking up on food; but the car is my main focus. That is a huge expensive, and one I am anxious to get over with. I will love having a new car (I have never had one), but watching the plunge in the savings account will be an adjustment for me. It's like ripping off a bandaid, I can deal with it, but I just want to get it over with fast...not that I am willing to compromise on anything though.
I am also anxious to look "normal" again. The ever-expanding look is getting old. I look at non-pregnant people and envy their pants with zippers, their ability to bend over to pick up an object, and their unencumbered freedom to drink caffeine. I also very much look forward to seeing the number on the scale go the opposite direction. I admit, I was a bit lazy about getting into shape after Lorelai. I was finally hitting a good stride, and then, well, Addy let her presence be known, and well...you know. Bye bye smaller pants. My goal is to be better this time. I think I will be whether I try or not. I will have a 2 year old with a newborn now, I won't be able to sit on the couch all day and cat-nap. This is good. I also hope Addy will nurse better/longer than LEL...I will take all the calorie-burning activities I can get. ;)

With all this planning, I get more excited; but I have to remember I still have over 2 months to go. It will probably go a bit slow but I think that's okay. After all, these are the last months with Lorelai as our only daughter. I don't want to rush that. I don't want to brush that aside as unimportant. I can happily say though, I think LEL will be thrilled to have a baby around. Just today she walked up to me, rubbed my tummy, and said "baby" with a smile. She will always be my baby though, my first little girly. Here's to waiting for my second.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment