Sunday, January 13, 2013

Shadow Play

Waking up at 6:30am to a 2 year-old searching for the dog in your bed is not exactly how I wanted my Sunday morning to play out; but, never-the-less, it's how the morning went.I am tired, I'd rather be sleeping...but then my little girl changed my mind.

I went into her room to turn off her night-light lamp and decided to climb into her queen-sized bed for just a minute to sneak in a few more minutes of rest. LEL found me, thought I was silly, and promptly climbed in to snuggle. She soon realized the light from the bathroom cast a nice glow on her wall with her headboard. Thus, the joy of shadows.
She sat up, looked at her shadow of her head and then waved to the wall. "ME!" She shouted while wiggling her little body around.
I sat up and confirmed to her, yes, it was her. She then patted the top of my head and looked at the shadow on the wall. "Mom."
"Yes." I replied. Giggling, she knew what had to come next. "DAD!" She slid out of bed to go retrieve Christopher.
We spent the next few minutes making silly shadows on the wall, watching her get so tickled over the simple effect.
Not how I saw my morning going, yes, but probably the best way to spend it. ♥


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment