Monday, April 29, 2013

Mini Project

I love little projects.

They are fast, easy, and cheap. This one is for Lorelai. She has a small table that she sits at to color, use play-doh, eat snacks, etc. It's from Ikea; it's great.
While I think it is already versatile, I thought I could enhance it slightly by adding another element to this cute little set.
Chalkboard paint is popular right now, and I know Lorelai loves to use chalk. So my thought was to make the table top a chalkboard. The thing is, it's messy and irreversible. It would put her table out of use for a bit; and seeing as I have never used chalkboard paint, I was unsure of the process of application.
Anyway, to cut to the chase, I found an awesome replacement.

Chalkboard vinyl contact paper. Available at Hobby Lobby for less than $10, you get a whole roll, which is easy to apply and easy to remove. 

I disassembled the table and placed the perfect-fitting vinyl on. It took less than 10 minutes from removing the table top to replacing the last screw.
Now Lorelai can play with chalk without sitting on the driveway, and I get to have a little crafty fun...not to mention I have a lot of the chalkboard roll left to place for fun later. My goal is to paint the wood at some point to finish it off. It will help hide all the crayon marks too. :)


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment