Wednesday, January 29, 2014

They Are Weak, But He Is Strong

I was watching the local news last night, and a story aired that made my stomach turn.

A Plano toddler was murdered by her father's (soon-to-be ex) girlfriend. The girlfriend called 911 after killing the 2 y/o and said she and the girl were attacked during a home invasion. The police naturally noticed the gaps in the woman's story and arrested her soon there after. It was soon discovered that the woman suffocated the little girl, whom was found with duct tape over her mouth. The police described the child at the scene as "still warm but with blue lips."
Later, it would be uncovered that this ex-girlfriend took the child with her on an errand about a hour before her murder. They went to the dollar store where the woman was seen on security footage buying zipties, duct tape, plastic bags, and cleaning supplies; the things she would use to kill the child and try to cover up her murder.

She took the girl with her shopping to buy the things she would use to kill her. This haunts me. It obviously upsets me the poor girl was killed no matter what the circumstances, but this brought to light a new level of evil for me. How I wish the store clerk could have had the foresight on what would happen in just mere minutes of their departure. How I wish they would have scooped up that child and save her from what I know must have been a absolutely terrifying, tortuous death.

This 2 y/o was an innocent victim, like most children are in these horrendous situations. This ex-girlfriend was acting with revenge against her ex-boyfriend, the girl's father. How self-involved, how cold-hearted, how diluted these adults must be to take a small child, whom depends on you for their everything and turn on them. These small, helpless children that deserve so much more love than they received in their tragically short lives.

I see a lot of posts on facebook where people are fighting for animal rights, and yes, they deserve to be treated more humanly, but there are children out there that deserve this more. For every person I see become a lawyer for animal rights, I would love to see ten more that become social workers, child advocates, foster parents, or simply someone that speaks out on crimes against children. Who donates money, time, or resources to help stop these senseless acts that are hauntingly irreversible.

I had a rough afternoon with Lorelai yesterday. She was pushing the limits (and my buttons) left and right. I was getting downright mad at her. While I didn't hurt her in any way, I did raise my voice and tried strict punishments to try to curve her attitude. I felt so frustrated that she was being so defiant. Hours later, I heard this story and every drop of frustration melted away.
Thank you, Lord for showing me even during the toughest times, how much I love my children. How much I would fight for them, and how much compassion and love I have for children whom I do not even know. I know I am doing the right thing in my life; I am at home, raising my children. I faultier on my skills and I lack on patience at times, but I am trying...and I will always keep trying. They are happily my world, my heart, my soul. The song I sang to them as babies always makes me teary-eyed. "Jesus loves me, this I know; for the Bible tells me so; little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is strong."

God bless Grace Lillian Ford, the little girl who is now an angel in heaven.


M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment