Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bright Side of Spring

I'll say we have a pretty productive weekend.

Yesterday Chris worked in the morning then we ran errands (Ikea, Target, Best Buy) and ate dinner with my family. I will never turn down that offer. ;-) Today was my younger brother's 21st birthday so we went over to my parents to celebrate with him and his gf. He is not the easiest person to buy for and since I exhausted my creativity with him at Christmas, I just stuck with some cash. Everyone likes $. We then came home where LEL promptly fell asleep. *grin* I was then able to cut Chris' hair, throw in some laundry (hopefully get to another load tonight) and clean up the apartment some. We have clutter starting to pile up and I have to clean it up before it gets too bad or else I will not have the energy to tackle it later.
The weather was much warmer today, and even though I am always sad to see the cooler months pass, I am looking forward to some things in spring...and have therefore been trying to list the positive things in my mind in hopes of out-weighing the negative ones.

Negatives:

  • Warmer weather quickly turns into hot weather here...there is very little transition
  • Allergies! They are the worst for me in the spring.
  • No more "sleep in" mornings with LEL because it's "too cold to get up yet"
  • Having fewer excuses for drinking cups and cups of coffee (I know, I know...I shouldn't drink so much anyway)
  • No more jackets, sweaters, hoodies, coats, scarves or any other cuddly forms of clothing that I love
  • No more cute boots and slippers that I also love to wear
  • The comfort level of burying myself under blanket on the couch great diminishes
  • The early dark evenings
  • The simpleness of quick, hot meals like soup
  • The fact that the months are in fact passing me by and I will never have my newborn Lorelai again 


Positives:
  • Iced tea back in the refrigerator
  • Easier time dressing and traveling with LEL
  • Less coats and jackets thrown over chairs and tables
  • Phoebe can get out and play more
  • Gas bill will drop
  • LEL will be learning new things
  • Most of my siblings have spring birthdays, so we will have lots of family time
  • Fruit salads Yummmm :-)
  • Skin won't be so dry
  • New sets of clothing to pull out and wear
  • Simple slip-on shoes
  • Sounds and smells of thunderstorms
I will try to be more up-beat about the changing seasons for now...don't expect this list for summer. 

Now for this week. Valentine's day, visit to the post office, vet appointment, helping my mom out with her car, and hopefully some more sleep. ;-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and I wish you all a lovely Valentine's day!

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment