Saturday, February 19, 2011

Filling up Days

Exhaustion is apart of motherhood...I think I handle the constant lack of sleep pretty well. LEL was sleeping for large (large for her) amounts of time for awhile but now she is back to waking up every 2.5-3 hours. It is definitely not my favorite part of being a mom, but hey, it comes with the territory.
Her new 3 month (almost) habits include a disinterest in breastfeeding. She loves to look around and take in her surroundings and being placed under a shirt or blanket to feed is not high on her contentment list. She will actually scream and cry at me until I put a bottle in her mouth. Therefore, I am drying up quite quickly now days...I know I said I was looking forward to it but somehow I feel I am losing my little baby. Like I mentioned earlier, she will be 3 months old in a matter of days and that marks the end of being a "newborn", they are then considered an "infant". It's exciting, but I wish I could have my newborn LEL back for another month or so. But whenever I feel that way I just remind myself of her sleeping patterns and realize she is still has "newborn" in her.
She got some fun new accessories yesterday. Since it has all of a sudden gotten extremely warm (over 80 degrees!) Chris and I got her some cute little sandals and sunglasses for the spring and summer months. Speaking of needed that "newborn-ness" her feet look so tiny in the size newborn sandals...it made me smile.
I am not a fan of this weather. 80 should be the hottest it gets in the summer if you ask me...not the temperature in mid February. I look forward to a cool down soon.


Phoebe, however, is enjoying the warmer weather. She loves playing outside...at least for short periods of time. We took her to the vet this past week, and while she did not like the trip, she is a healthy puppy.
I now sit here while Chris works his last weekend and I watch Phoebe play with a tennis ball and LEL play with her colored rings and I am thinking surely there are more productive things to do...but none more fulfilling. Though I still have a nice pile of yarn in front of me waiting for me to turn more of it into LEL's spring blanket...maybe I will tackle that in an hour. That and a couple of loads of laundry, dishes, and other chores.

...Maybe.

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment