Monday, February 28, 2011

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPERMOM

I will only call myself this on the rare occasion...and today fits. :-)
Not only did LEL and I sleep in until 10:30, but we also drank 6oz in one sitting, AND went down for 2 naps both without crying. *cheers*
Now that I think about it, these are more accomplishments for Lorelai than myself. Hmmm...well I still plan on taking some of the credit.

During her morning nap I was quite productive:
  • I started a load of dishes
  • I washed and dried a load of laundry
  • Created and compiled a photobook for LEL using Shutterfly
  • And I cleaned all LEL's bottles
My favorite part of the day so far was creating the photobook. It inspired me to really stick with my photography interest. A little side note on this: I did receive an awesome camera from my MIL. It is a minimally used Canon EOS 40D digital SLR from a few years back. It has 2 lens; 58mm and a 82mm, 2 battery packs, several different lens filters, basically everything you could want as a new photographer and then some. I was so psyched to use it! We charged the batteries over and popped them in and then...nothing. We checked the memory card, the 2 battery packs, lens, buttons, etc...the thing was dead. So, after contacting my MIL she informed me it is under warranty and she will take it in to have it looked at. I hope it is fixable! Maybe it was too good to be true. I am trying not to be too disappointed, it may all work out, and even if it doesn't, I didn't lose anything - I just didn't gain anything.
Anyway, back to Shutterfly: I received a flyer in the mail advertising for a free 20pg 8x8 album and decided to give a whirl (catch or no catch). It was so much fun. Not only did I get to showcase my pictures of my beautiful baby girl, but I got to exercise my love for design. I had to pick a theme from their predetermined selection, but that's ok...they were cute. I then could place my pictures (up to 4...maybe 5 a page) complete with captions. I had a blast putting it together...even though it took me about a hour to get happy with the final product. And the catch wasn't bad...just paying for shipping and handling. Once I get the book I will look it over, see the picture and construction quality...I may want to use it as a tool in the future for possible clients. I know I ordered a great one from my wedding photographer (not through Shutterfly) and still LOVE looking at.
Back to my day, Lorelai woke up, ate, played, and went down for her afternoon nap a few hours after her morning one. I then was able to get more accomplished.

  • Folded the laundry from earlier
  • Cleaned up the livingroom
  • Dusted
  • Put up the dishes from earlier
Chris will be home soonish and we can all have dinner together tonight! Now I just have to figure out what to make. *thinks* Oh well, I have some time to figure that one out. I hope everyone is having a wonderful and productive day too!

M LEWIS

1 comment: