Thursday, February 10, 2011

Routines and Life

I sit here trying to think of something new and worthwhile to write about, but I always come back to Lorelai and mommyhood. But hey, that is my life right now...and for many years to come.
Speaking of which, LEL is sleeping in her cradle next to me. I  We have created a pretty good schedule for us. We have kind of just fallen into it, but it works well. Like right now, I put her in her cradle around 10pm, and for the past several days she has just fallen right to sleep...as if she is learning what her job is in the cradle. This pleases and thrills me. She sleeps for a few hours (5 is her recent record) and wakes around 2-3am for a feeding and goes right back to sleep for several more hours (till about 6-7am). I feed her again and usually let her sleep in bed with me then. She seems to fuss longer if I don't...I think she gets lonely and I don't mind the cuddles.
We wake around 9am (10 if I am lucky) and I get the best reaction from her lately. I am greeted by huge smiles and happy coos. Best way to start my morning. That, and coffee. ;)
Around 11am we eat again, and during the day she seems to want more than just breastmilk and that is where supplementing with formula comes in. Throughout the day she probably consumes 6-8oz of formula. It naturally increases as she grows. Given more time, and my breastmilk will be the supplement to the formula...but that's the breaks. (I know I said I was weaning but who knew that will be so much work?! I am still kind of weaning...very slowly.)
 We play and stretch and talk for several hours, feed again; then if I am lucky, I get her to nap for a few hours in the afternoon. As of late, she seems to take more cat naps throughout the day instead of one big nap. Harder for me to get things done, but that's ok. She tends to snack a bit between nap and her finally feeding around 9pm. Then we are back in bed around 10pm again.
I cannot wait until she can sit up, talk, and even crawl...but I know when she starts walking I am going to miss my "baby" Lorelai. Luckily, I have many more months to go before I need to think about that. Right now I would be happy if she didn't scream at me during tummy-time.
Phoebe keeps me company during all of this and she is pretty cute while doing it.
Chris and I actually left LEL and Phoebe with my Mom and sister one evening to go celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't mind not doing it again for a little while. ;) After all, she is just 10 weeks old (though it sounds so old to me...10 whole weeks...wow). So much has changed in 1 year, it has been exhausting at times, but it has been wonderful.

This is a cake I made to replicate the top tier of our wedding cake. It even has the same flavors, there is raspberry filling inside! It saved us money and I had a blast testing out a possible new skill. Now I want to experiment with all cakes.
10 weeks and I am still working off some baby weight (look above to see what is NOT helping, haha). Chris was awesome and got me a wii fit so I have been using that and I really enjoy it. I hate exercising in public so this allows me to be antisocial in a new way. Hehe.
I think all the snow and ice have past us for awhile (inside almost a whole week!) and I look forward to getting out and about more with LEL. I will miss winter once it passes, it is the only season I have spent with LEL, but I think spring will be good for all of us. I welcome it, its experiences and its joys. :)

M LEWIS

2 comments:

  1. Ten weeks does feel old! Wait until you're saying months instead of weeks, then years instead of months! It goes by in such a flash, it's amazing. She'll be a teenager telling you how lame you are and slamming her door before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah...you will hit that stage before me, let me know how it goes :P

    ReplyDelete