Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Love

So my friend Jen went into labor...yesterday? Anyway, it has been like 36 hrs since I got the word and I am dying to know more! I have been getting small updates from our mutual friend Victoria, but still, I want like all the technical info so I can try to bet when she will actually deliver!
Jen was my made of honor and she got married in June of last year; she found out she was expecting several months later...around the time I delivered LEL. She then learned months later she was having a little girl, and I have been so jazzed about it!
Even though I have a 7 month old myself I still like rewinding back to when I was about to have Lorelai. I like to remember the hospital room (yes, I am one of those weirdos that LIKE the hospital), the monitors, the anticipation, everything was so...life-changing-ly wonderful. Forgive the awkward wording there. ;)
Now, I didn't enjoy the pain or the initial recovery, but seeing her emerge into the world was beyond awesome...and I mean awesome in the truest sense of the word.
I remember her little cries, her foot print ink, her perfectly wrapped swaddle...she was perfectly perfect.
I guess in my own way I want to hear news on little Ava's arrival so I know Jen just experienced all of those wonderful little moments...so I know she just became the happiest person in the world, someone's mommy.

Still my favorite commercial (I get teary-eyed every time):

M LEWIS

1 comment:

  1. How totally gracious and sweet! Looking forward to sharing the good news too.

    ReplyDelete