Monday, July 11, 2011

Hello Stranger

I feel I have been lacking in the blogging department...rightfully so, but still, I like to keep up with my projects.

A lot has been going on, nothing too new, but it has kept us busy. Since my last post I have finished painting the main rooms of the house. *phew* A lot more time consuming than I thought...and more of a work out too. My next room to paint is Lorelai's room (aka the nursery). The plan is to have her room be the "baby room." When she is older and we decide to have another baby, LEL will move to one of the other rooms on the other side of the hall and the new baby will move into the room, because it is the only room next to the master. I plan to paint it a light blue and accent it with pink and other "girly" things. That way it is easy to transition back if we have a boy later. Anyway, I hope my design plan comes out super cute and a place LEL will like for years to come. :)
We have also recently (like, yesterday) changed the kitchen faucet. Now, when I say "we" I really mean Chris and my Dad. I am so thankful my dad is nearby and can help tutor us on all these little projects we decide to embark on. We still have a lot we want to change and upgrade, some will need assistance but I think we are getting a hang on this homeownership thing. ;)
Two weekends ago was Independence day, and Chris and I had a lot of fun, and to my surprise, Lorelai did too! Don't get me wrong, it was painfully hot, but the festivities were great and I am glad we could partake on them. I am not sure why, but it is important to me to pass along the importance of holidays to Lorelai. I LOVE holidays and their traditions and I want LEL to grow up loving them as well. The family comes together and celebrates...what could be better? I very much look forward to this Christmas. Sure, LEL's first Christmas was last year, but considering she was 3 weeks old, I think we both kinds missed out on the traditional Christmas celebration. I also am excited about Halloween and her 1st birthday! :D :D :D
Speaking of babies, my friend Jen was due last week and I am sooooo anxious to hear about her progress! She is also having a little girl and I hope Lorelai and Ava will be good little buddies.
Also, I am planning for Lorelai's introduction into the Christian faith. My good friend, Maggie's, husband is a youth minister and we are all getting together soon to plan the ceremony. I know, I know, I am a little late with this, but we had a lot going on for awhile, and we had a lot of family out of town and such...so...we are doing it soon, and I think it will be a small but very sweet dedication for my little girl.

 I hope to update again soon...and not wait so long, but we'll see! Hope you all are having a great summer...and not melting out there! (I CANNOT WAIT FOR FALL!)

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment