Sunday, July 24, 2011

House Update

No pictures, but my dad graciously changed out some of our fixtures today. We bought a chandelier for the dining room so we could take the ceiling fan that was there and put that in the family room. The fan that was in the family room went in the trash for numerous electrical issues. Anyway, it looks great and I am very pleased with it all. We still need to upgrade the foyer light sometime in the next couple months, and fix the back porch light, but we should be pretty set for lighting soon.

We also finally decoded the existing alarm system and I am so excited about that. Last night around 1 am Phoebe woke up growling and barking at something at/near our bedroom door. Our bedroom opens up to the main house and I was getting nervous that maybe something was going on out there that shouldn't. I woke up Chris and he checked the house while I checked Lorelai. Everything seemed fine but it still spooked me. After saying a little prayer I was seriously wishing we had a working alarm. Luckily Chris fixed it all in the morning and we are good to go in that department.

Chris also cleaned up the garage (I was going to wait until it got cooler but he doesn't mind the heat as much). There he found dozens of lizard eggs! Yuck. You know that scene in Jurassic Park when Professor Grant finds the hatched dinosaur eggs in the forest? The look of horror that washes over him when he realizes the dinosaurs found a way to breed? Yeah, that was my expression....though my results aren't as deadly. I know, I know, people have been trying to tell me it's a good thing: "they're cute," "the eat bugs," "they're harmless;" say what you want, I dislike them immensely. Over half of them were already hatched and Chris relocated the others...but I seriously do not want dozens of little lizards running around my house and pooping on the walls...yeah, Chris discovered their bathroom spot. So hopefully they will stay outside and not venture in.

Our flagpole is still frustrating me, you'd think our house is anti-American the way it rejects every way I have tried to fix the darn thing. I meant to ask advice from my dad...maybe next weekend.

And now that I have just discovered an ant crawling on my face, I think I will call it a night...for this post anyway.

I hate summer and their creatures. >:-\

M LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment