Monday, March 5, 2012

Life Lately with LEL

Last week really tried my patience. Lorelai was sick, and then I was sick, and then we were sick together. The week dragged on and on...it felt like forever. It didn't help that I was my sickest on Saturday, and I missed half the weekend being lethargic, weak, and stuck next to a box of tissues. At least I could take an array of medications to try to help...my baby didn't have that option.

She refused to nap some days, she threw away any drink I gave her, tossed any piece of food, and spent most of her days lying on the floor screaming with frustration and discomfort. I hated that I couldn't do much for her.

That was last week, this week seems to be going better.

She loves outside, and we have been spending much time out there because of it. I need sunscreen for her, but luckily our backyard is 90% shaded past 4pm. Chris' awesome cousin, Lindsey, has been most gracious and offered to pass down their kids' outgrown playground equipment...Lorelai is going to l o v e it. :D We are pretty excited about receiving it...maybe Wednesday?

I have bought LEL some new "big kid" sippy cups. I had several in-between bottle and sippy cup things I have been using, but she has explained to us over the past few days that those were no longer going to be working. ;) So she has graduated to toddlerhood nicely. She has been eating more and more table food, I have been supplementing with some leftover baby food to make sure she is getting her fruits and veggies, but I am almost through with my stash! It feels rather strange not buying her separate food. I have been buying either formula or baby food since she was 2 months old. My baby is not so much a baby anymore...hard to adjust sometimes. :\ Give me to at least her 2nd birthday before asking "When will she have a sibling?" I think the timing will be better then. ;)

Okayyyy, I had more to say, but she is up form nap. Time to test out the new sippy cups!

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment