Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Recent Life Summary

Just going to update you all on a few things happening over here at the Lewis household.



Lorelai is now officially walking now...well, she has been for several weeks now, but it is very exciting. She waddles a bit and, in shoes, it's worse...in a good way. I compare her to Charlie Chaplin often, she just need a bowler hat and a walking stick. ;)
She still only has 2 teeth, but more seem to be making their way down...slowly.
She has her first hair trim was a week ago, just her bangs. I was hoping to avoid a haircut that needed frequent trims, but she kept pulling out all her hair clips, and then her long hair pokes her in the eyes. We took a few more recent pictures that showcase her adorable little face, with newly cut bangs. :)
How can you not love that little face ♥



Chris has had a little break from work...the work load that is. I enjoy seeing him in the morning and still be able to have dinner with him at night.
Phoebe is Phoebe...February was the month we discussed getting her teeth cleaned (her breath could stop an 18-wheeler) she also needs an extra baby tooth removed.

I have been trying to stick to my goal of at least 15mins of continuous exercise a day. Some times I do fit in 2 sessions but Lorelai's napping schedule is a little off lately. I basically run in place for 10mins (I look silly, I'm sure) then do pilates for another 10mins (5mins if I don't have time). It is just basic stretches and toning exercises, but I think it goes a long way. In fact, I dug out 2 pairs of old pants the other week and I could fit in them! Now I still have plenty I don't fit into yet, but it is the best encouragement. :)

My mom had a birthday on Monday. We all got together (all 11 of us) and ordered pizza, shared a cake, gave presents, and played pictionary. I do love seeing all my siblings for happy occasions. We have the best moments that pop up...especially with some people's drawing skills. :P

The house is pretty much the same. We have raked up the leaves several different times and have probably filled up at least 8 lawn bags with the leaves. I also pulled up all the dead, frozen plants (that I didn't like anyway), but we still need to spray weed killer on all our clovers sprouting up. This winter hasn't been that cold at all so sneaky little weeds keep on coming. :( I am looking forward to buying new mulch and pretty plants to help spruce up the curb appeal! Inside the house, I am thinking I will get that console table I was talking about for that bare wall. I really think that will look sharp. I also need to call someone to finally hook up our gas logs in our fireplace and I need to buy paint for the halls. I did accomplish one goal this past week: my "picture wall." I received a coupon for shutterfly last week and I used the rest of my giftcard to hobby lobby to buy half-priced picture frames. They all came together yesterday, and I am loving the results. I purposely placed them in a way I can easily add to the collection as time goes on...and change out the pictures as girly gets older.

I did see my friend Maggie a little while ago...I love my "Magipher" and I hope to see her more often. In fact we discusses getting together with another friend of ours and her little girl...*winkwink* Jen. ;)
I was supposed to see my other friend, Erin, today, but she fell under the weather. :( Hopefully we can reschedule soon, I haven't seen her in a little while.

Now I need to figure out what I want to make for dinner tonight. Most likely something fast and simple, for Lorelai will need a definite bath tonight after her "syrup in the hair" breakfast. At lest she smelled good today. :P ...Hope that is not a mark against me in the "good mom department."

Until next time!
M.LEWIS












1 comment:

  1. Neither of my kids can eat anything covered with more than a dime-sized drop of syrup without it getting in their hair...and I think it smells good too! So if you're losing mom points for that one, then you're not alone! ;)

    ReplyDelete