Sunday, January 1, 2012

My 2011 in Pictures

A friend of mine did this and I thought it was cute and required few words on my part...so I am stealing it. :) Last year was pretty eventful, not as eventful as 2010, but still...I think 2012 will be a bit more "quiet" but we'lll have to wait and see on that. Here is 2011 in pictures:


Lorelai experienced her first snow...a record fall. It fell over my birthday 02/02 and we were snowed in for days.

Christopher and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on 02/06. I made a replica of our top tier to share.

Lorelai starts solid foods around 5 months old.

I received a generous gift of a new semi-professional camera, and I begin to take pictures almost everyday.

Lorelai celebrates her first Easter
"Mimi," my dad's mom, passed away. This is the only picture I have of her in my possession. (Far left)

I begin to discover a new passionate hobby, photography. I create a small  fan page on facebook.


6 months old and house hunting!

Packing up to move out...this is a small fraction of our things.

Signed closing papers and received our first house key :)
Our first home

It needed a lot of "spiffing up"

Record heat in the summer...great time for moving in

A melted candle...in my mom's house. That's hot.


Painted half the house myself and upgraded light fixtures, faucets, and decorated the house all within a couple months

Lorelai celebrates her first Independence day at Kaboom Town in Addison. She loved the fireworks.

My good friend (and MOH) and first, beautiful child. A little girl named Ava.

Things settle down from the move and we baptize Lorelai. Our friend, Jeremy (my good friend, Maggie's, husband), officiates. 

First "big kid" shoes for Lorelai.

She learns to pull herself up and stand.
My friend, Katie, married her best friend, Nick. They are the coolest people you will meet.

Her first Halloween. She was a skeleton...a girly skeleton ;)

First jack-o-lantern with matching bottom teeth.
First Thanksgiving...complete with shirt reading "Everyone's thankful for me"...and it's true.

First visit to the zoo. She LOVES animals.

Lorelai's 1st birthday!!!


Birthday invitations...I never send them out.

Lorelai and Christopher on Christmas Eve...NOT her first, but one where she was actually awake. ;)


Santa's gift to Lorelai, she enjoys it thoroughly.

I believe these are the main highlights for me and my life. I know there were many more babies, weddings, and partings that I did not include; but that does not take away from their importance in others' 2011. We did so much and shared so many "firsts." Thank you to all made 2011 memorable and special. 
(It is amazing to watch Lorelai grow up in these pictures!)

Come on, 2012. :)

M.LEWIS

1 comment: