Monday, March 5, 2012

GCB = ICK

3 letters.

GCB

In case you do not watch tv or pay attention to all the annoying commercials, GCB is a television show on ABC. What does GCB stand for you ask? Well, the "polite" version is "Good Christian Belles" but the original title is "Good Christian Bitches." Yeahhhh, that's right, flattering, huh?

Now, in honesty, the title isn't my main issue with this show...it's where it takes place: Dallas. Yep, goody goody; another show that takes my hometown area and butchers it with cowboy hats, tacky fringe clothing, horrible fake accents, honky tonk music, and tasteless rhinestone crosses plastered on everything...I guess that is the "christian" influence? I won't touch the "christian" portrayal too much...even though I think it is also greatly offensive. 

Not Dallas
Now, if you know me, you know this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I despise how Texas (mainly Dallas) is portrayed to the masses. We do not all ride horses around our ranches with our cowboy hats and boots, chewing on a straw of hay after a long day at the rodeo and barbecue "supper."In fact, no one is Dallas does this. I know. I live 15mins away from Dallas, my grandparents live in Dallas, my brother worked downtown for years...none of these things are a daily occurrence.



We are also miles away from what GCB illustrates. Here is what they think of us:












Classy, right? They are a sea of big hair, over-exposed cleavage, short hemlines, and thick accents. They use Christianity as a base for clicky women and twist church services into manipulating, catty meetings. Ick. Boycott this show for me will ya? So disappointing...and completely false.

Ok, rant-of-the-week done. :)

M.LEWIS

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree. I didn't watch, but I hate the way Dallas is portrayed in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this blog! ;) I said it before and I'll say it again...during my time in Dallas I never ran into anyone like this, not by a long shot. Texas and big-haired bitches are not mutually exclusive. Get a clue, world!!!

    ReplyDelete