Saturday, March 31, 2012

Girly Flair


So to keep up with my 90-10 ratio in the alterations department, I bought a pair of shorts today for my LEL. One issue, the only size they had that fit her were boy shorts. But for $5 I couldn't pass them up. So I figured I would just add some girly flair to them with some leftover ribbon and buttons from a previous project.





So these are the $5 boy shorts.
Pretty simple, they would be fine for Lorelai to wear as is, but why not add some girly touches?




And here are the shorts all dolled up. I rolled up the legs twice and hemmed them in place and added a pink button at the waist.


















The legs still looked a little lacking so I dug through my stash and added 2 more turquoise buttons and some striped ribbon detail.












And, tada! A few (completely free) touches and boy shorts are now girl shorts! Now let's see how well they hold up ;)

M.LEWIS

No comments:

Post a Comment